Change

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today, my son asked me why I had so many different colors of nail polish. I told him it was because I get bored very easily. It is the same reason why I have so many purses among other things. I love change. I crave it. I need to it.

As long as I can remember, I have always needed to change things. When I was younger, I use to change my hair color, all the time. I had tons of shoes, and I would paint my room and redecorate on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy certain things to stay the same. I love routine. You need a routine to keep things in order, but change keeps things exciting. Now that I am older, my changes are a little more subtle, nail polish, new recipes, favorite movies and music, and various other things. That is why the "things I'm into" changes.

Change is a good thing. I think that it keeps us on out toes and makes our lives a little less mundane. It also keeps things more interesting and reminds us that it is fun to be different and daring every once in awhile.

So, try it this week. Shake things up and do something different, something daring, something that is going to make your family say "Wow, that was fun!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment