My Challenge

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I issued myself a challenge. I challenged myself to spend no money for the next two weeks on food and use the food that I have at home. Sounds simple and I am sure most of you do it all the time. As big as I am on saving money, I have always had a really hard time making a menu and sticking to it. As embarrassing as it is to admit, my family eats out a lot. I get in these horrible ruts and just give up. It's insane. I love to cook. I have tons of recipes saved and lots of cookbooks, but I just wind up cooking the same thing.

So here is my challenge. It was originally only going to be for a week, but as I stated in my previous blog, I received so many birthday coupons, that I wanted to use some of them. I have made a menu and a grocery list. I am going to buy the few things that I need for the next two weeks today. With the exception of milk and bread, after this trip I will not be buying food at the grocery store.

I am going to use only the birthday coupons that offer a free entree. We will only be paying for my husband and son's meals. Our strategy on this is to spend as little as possible. I am going to keep record of these meals.

All other meals at will be here at home. I am feeling pretty good about this and very excited. If this works out, hopefully, it will motivate me enough to do it all the time.

Eating out is our biggest expense and I really would like to cut down on it, to save more money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment