Review - Batter Blaster

Monday, July 13, 2009


If you haven't seen this product at your market it is called Batter Blaster and it is pancake and waffle batter in a can. I know it is kind of hilarious. I was on this crazy kick and I wanted pancakes, so I saw this at the store and bought it.

I thought that it would be fun and easy to use, so I figured, what the heck. To use this product for pancakes, you shake the can, make sure your pan or griddle is buttered and then spray the batter into the pan. You cook the pancakes as you would normally do.

I made four pancakes, and I used one small skillet and cooked them one at a time. The first pancake came out horribly. It was very airy and when I went to flip it it completely flattened and fell apart. I wasn't able to flip it at all and just threw it out.

The second pancake I made turned out better than the first but I still had a difficult time flipping it, but it was edible so I kept it.

The third and fourth pancakes turned out really well. They were easy to flip and looked great.

Alright, so here is what I think. I thought that Batter Blaster is a great product if you are only going to make a few pancakes at a time. Maybe four or less. It saved a lot of clean up time, because I did not have to make the batter and then clean up the extra dishes. If you are going to make pancakes for the entire family I don't think it matters if you use the Batter Blaster or mix your own pancake batter.

In my opinion, when you use this for pancakes, use a small skillet, like I did, or a large griddle. It seemed to me, like I would have only been able to cook a couple at a time. I also used Pam Cooking Spray to keep my skillet greased instead of butter. I had to spray the skillet after each pancake. This I did not like. I usually don't have to do this when I make pancakes. I would also recommend spraying a little of the batter into the sink, the first time you make a batch. This should avoid the problem that I had with the first pancake being too aerated. I don't like having to waste product, but I threw the first pancake out, so it was wasted anyway.

Now for the pancakes. They were very light and airy. They weren't heavy at all, which was very nice. The taste was very good. It had a subtle sweet vanilla taste. I had one with nothing on it, so that I could get a good taste of the flavor. I really enjoyed them.

You can use this batter for waffles too. I did not make waffles, but I think that the Batter Blaster would work better with a waffle maker then it did with the pancakes.

Overall, I think that the Batter Blaster is great for making a couple pancakes. It is extremely easy to use, and there is virtually no clean up involved. It is a nice, quick and easy breakfast. The pancakes tasted great and it would be easy to add some blueberries or chocolate chips to it. It doesn't save any time if you are making a large batch of pancakes.

The Batter Blaster comes in a 18 oz can and it says that it makes about 12 pancakes. You can also go to the website to find tips, a video on how to use it and recipes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment